Bert Dobrie

Default Laptop LCD backlight problem

You will probably need to replace the LCD.

I have replaced several LCD's in Laptops. I always get the LCD from Ebay,
and I have not had any problems with this.

If you get a LCD from another source, you will pay up to $500, maybe more.
Look on Ebay for a laptop with the same LCD as yours with a bad motherboard.
Then salvage the LCD.

"-=Erx=-" wrote in message
l...
Hi,
I have a Dell Laptop and after a while the display did not work any more.

opened the laptop to see if the flatcable between the display and the

laptop
was broken. This was not the case.
When I closed the laptop again and put it on, it still did not work. Then

grabed the display and the lights went on. But when I released the

pressure
on the display they switch out.

Does anybody know how to open the display and fix those lights? The

display
is not fixed with screws.

Thanx!

Greetings,