Posted to uk.misc,uk.legal,uk.d-i-y
Tough Guy no. 1265 Tough Guy no. 1265 is offline

Default LED streetlamps - jobs for the boys

On Wed, 25 Feb 2015 14:01:46 -0000, Phi wrote:

"Tough Guy no. 1265" wrote in message
news
Why are councils re-laying all the cables and replacing all the
streetlamp poles for no ****ing reason? All they needed to do
was to change the lamp on the top. What a waste of millions of
pounds of council taxes. The cables worked fine. The poles
were in perfect condition.

They are replacing the cables because LED lamps take less current
for a given light output, so it was necessary to reduce the size
of the supply cables.

Very funny. Mind you I'd not put it past a council employee to think that was necessary.

--
Never have I seen a word as accurate as politics.
Poly meaning many, and tic being a blood-sucking thing.