Posted to uk.d-i-y
Rod Speed Rod Speed is offline

Default OT - UKIP

"Nightjar.me.uk" "cpb"@ insert my surname here wrote in message
On 12/02/2015 16:31, Bod wrote:
On 12/02/2015 15:58, Tim Watts wrote:
On 12/02/15 14:46, Nightjar "cpb"@ wrote:
On 12/02/2015 10:53, Tim Watts wrote:

Now - tell me again why UKIP (or any other fringe party) are somehow
worse that all this?...

They want to take us out of the EU for a start.

They probably should - we are getting hamstrung in way too many central
dictacts.

I thought we joined the EU for the common market, not the dictatorship
that the EU has developed into.
THAT's what a *lot* of people are miffed about.
The EU has been a dripping tap, slowly but surely getting more and more
powers over us.

Much of that power comes from the Single Europe Act, which was very
strongly promoted by the British Government, so we were quite instrumental
in the EU becoming what it is today.

Doesn’t mean that that made any sense tho.

Interesting contrast to what has happened with Scotland and Britain.