Posted to uk.d-i-y
Rod Speed Rod Speed is offline

Default OT - UKIP

"Capitol" wrote in message
Tim Streater wrote:
In article , Tim Watts
wrote:

Labour f*ck up the economy *every time*[1] they get in.

The tories f*ck everyone over including the NHS every time.

No, they fix the economy from last time. Don't ask me what Andrew
Lansley was smoking, however.

The Libs had their chance but sold their bumhole to the highest bidder
then spent the next years lying over a barrel.

What else d'ye suppose they should have done? And much as I despise the
Libs, to be fair to them, your comment just illustrates that people -
most people - don't appear to understand what a coalition entails.
Coalition
---------

Step 1. Tear up your manifesto in its entirety.
Step 2. Negotiate a coalition agreement with your new partners.
Step 3. Form a govt and present the agreement to the people as
what this govt will do.

Note that this agreement has not been voted on by the electorate (which
is why coalitions are generally a bad idea, and why we should resist
the notion of changing the electoral system away from FPTP). The
agreement may, or may not, contain elements from your manifesto.

The Greens f*ck everything up without even being in power.

Well they're in power in Brighton & Hove and it's been one long binmen
strike.

Now - tell me again why UKIP (or any other fringe party) are somehow
worse that all this?

Any political party is *already* a coalition and with my comments above
is why we need to avoid another (as in, more than one party of
government) at all costs. The Libs will demand more PR, they with the
Greens and SNP will destroy the nuclear industry and our National
Defence. If you really want Millibean at No. 10 supported by the SNP
and ShinFane (sp?) or some other revolting combination then feel free
to vote UKIP.

And don't tell me that the UKIP strategy is that after 5 years of this
everyone will vote a UKIP govt in then believe me, there'll be nothing
left.

So reelecting Camoron will solve all the problems?

No political group can solve all the problems, some are
intractable, like the fact that Britain is past its best by date.

I'm with self sufficiency and UKIP.

But clearly you are in a very small minority on that.