Posted to uk.d-i-y
nightjar nightjar is offline

Default OT - UKIP

On 12/02/2015 17:11, Bod wrote:
On 12/02/2015 16:51, Nightjar "cpb"@ wrote:
On 12/02/2015 15:58, Tim Watts wrote:
On 12/02/15 14:46, Nightjar "cpb"@ wrote:
On 12/02/2015 10:53, Tim Watts wrote:

Now - tell me again why UKIP (or any other fringe party) are somehow
worse that all this?...

They want to take us out of the EU for a start.

They probably should - we are getting hamstrung in way too many central
dictacts.

Despite UKIP's wild claims, the amount of UK legislation originating in
the EU is anything from 15% to 50%, depending upon how you define your
criteria. In practice, a high proportion of that legislation would have
been passed into UK law in similar form even if it had not been EU
legislation and some, such as regulations about tobacco and olive
growing, have little or no effect in the UK.

Really!
http://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/worl...ry-claims.html

As that says:

“All measurements have their problems and it is possible to justify any
measure between 15 per cent and 50 per cent or thereabouts.”
The study adds that “the answer lies somewhere in between” the two numbers.

--
Colin Bignell