Posted to uk.d-i-y
Rod Speed Rod Speed is offline

Default OT - UKIP

"Dave Plowman (News)" wrote in message
In article ,
The Natural Philosopher wrote:
They want to take us out of the EU for a start. They also don't seem to
have any polices, other than opposition to immigration and the EU.

First of all, they have more policies than any other party. So I am not
sure where you get the idea that they have no policies, unless you read
the Guardian

Secondly, name me one political party in the last 20 years that has
implemented the policies for which it got elected.

Thirdly, what dont you understand about libertarianism? It is a
philosophy that doesn't go for ideological pre-empting of future events:
It is a philosophy that preaches a small government adapting to
situations with pragmatic policies as the need arises, but not before.

UKIP should have as few policies as possible,

Given you've stated 'they have more policies than any other party' I take
it you think them a total waste of space, then?

Right between the eyes.

and restrict itself to the
main thrust: To get rid of EU overlordship and restore power to national
government, and then to tackle serious issues on a rational basis as
they arise. And that's ALL the policy they need.

And not long after a third world war. Assuming there enough who think like
you round Europe. That is the logical outcome of 'my country above all
others'.

Not anymore. Nukes mean that there wont be another of those.

You don't need to look afar to see it these days.

Hasn’t happened between the western european
countrys that had been furiously attempting to
rip each other's throats out in almost every
generation for the centurys before that.

Sometimes, some do come to their senses.

Canada and the US wont be going to war against each other again either.