Posted to uk.d-i-y

Default OT - UKIP

On 12/02/15 17:39, Adrian wrote:
On Thu, 12 Feb 2015 17:34:52 +0000, The Natural Philosopher wrote:

So 50% of legislation coming from an unelected source

s'funny. I seem to recall voting for the European Elections not that
long ago.

You dp0nt actually know anything about the EU do you?

One of us has a far better idea of the reality than the other.

What we elected was the 'house of lords' MEPS. They can block
legislation but they *have no sayat all* in proposing it.

So how much Westminster legislation comes from private member's bills?

That is not the point. It is voted on by the house of commons to
actuy7ally even GET to the upper house. It can be thrown out. And
largely it is intyrdi8cude because it fulfils eityer4 a real need, or a
political need. But at leasts we and the MSM have a chance to have our say.

Most Brussels legislation isn't even voted on by anybody. Its another
'regulation' that slides in under the radar.