Posted to uk.d-i-y

Default USB Endoscope viewing software

Harry Bloomfield expressed precisely :
I've just had a cheap USB endoscope/snake camera delivered. WinXP's control
panel has 'Scanners and Cameras', which allows me to see a tiny view of what
the camera sees, but there has to be a better way. Your suggestions please,
for some free viewing software?

The camera worked, for a total of 30minutes only. It seems what I had
failed to notice was that the camera cable, where it entered the USB
plug, had not been fixed at all. Internally it was just hanging on its
connections. The first time it came under any strain, it failed. This
one....

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/5M-6-LED-U...:X:RTQ:GB:1123

Up to that point it worked just as you would expect. If you have bought
one or were thinking to buy one, worth checking and maybe trying to fix
it before it rips the connections off.

Beyond that, I have not explored, because I have raised an issue with
the seller, via ebay. The seller is pleading poverty and offering a 50%
refund, to which I have made a counter offer of a full refund or
replacement be sent, along with an offer to return the faulty item if
he pays the postage.

I will delve deeper, once I know which way my claim against the seller
goes.

--
Regards,
Harry (M1BYT) (L)