Posted to uk.d-i-y
newshound newshound is offline

Default USB Endoscope viewing software

On 04/02/2015 14:22, Harry Bloomfield wrote:
Etaoin Shrdlu was thinking very hard :
Harry Bloomfield wrote:

The mirror is intended to allow it to look sideways, but it makes it
very blurred. Its as if it is steamed up. Might have a go at cleaning it
later.

None of the suggestions would produce an image at all, which seems odd,
what I did find which worked was a package called VimicroCam. Rather
heavyweight package at 5.3Mb, but at least you can fill the screen with
the image.

All I wanted to do, was inspect the hidden valley gutter between my
garage and workshop for obstructions. It over flowed when the snow
melted from the roofs recently.

Glad you found something which worked. Many of them seem to be
"webcams", mine will run on Ubuntu (but I usually use the supplied
software on windows machines). I've never had much joy with mirror
attachments.