Posted to uk.d-i-y
Adam Aglionby Adam Aglionby is offline

Default Tommy & Poundland?

On Sunday, February 1, 2015 at 9:35:13 PM UTC, Gordon Freeman wrote:
"Brian Gaff" wrote:

Yes well, a new cheapo discount shop is about to open around here, and
they will apparently be selling all sorts of stuff for diy. The mind
boggles.
Brian

There's some surprisingly good DIY stuff in pound shops though, I got a
8.5m tape measure for 99p which appears to be identical to the ones
Wickes charge 8 quid for. And being able to buy a paint roller + tray
for a quid saves a lot of washing up when decorating! The quality is
pretty immaterial when it's so cheap you can use it once and then chuck
it.

Fluffy roller and tray, ferking useless, more pile left on job than on roller, wait till dry and sand back. Tray dosen`t fit Toolstation Nour rollers which are worth extra.

poundland foam mini rollers great.

Similarly the sets of paint brushes, as long as they don't shed
bristles of course. No need to buy brush cleaner any more!

Terrible, pile too short and stiff to give any finish or load any paint on. toolstation use and throws are marginally better.

Poundland wallpaper scraper , fully reccomended.

A while ago I
needed to un-nail some wood at my mum's and she had no tools and I had
none with me as I was just visiting, 99p shop to the rescue - they sell
claw hammers, not the best quality ever but perfect for the job in hand
and at that price I just left it there afterwards.

They don't seem to sell chainsaws though I think you have to go to Lidl
for those? ;-)