Posted to uk.d-i-y
Mike Barnes[_2_] Mike Barnes[_2_] is offline

Default OT - Programming Languages

David wrote:
I notice that nobody has mentioned Basic, designed as an entry level
programming language and much used on the BBC Micro.
Bad memories of Microsoft's take on Basic, then VB?
Or a preference for more modern structured languages?

To me it all hinges on the lad's interests and what he actually wants to
create with his new-found programming skills. A project is absolutely
essential.

And to answer your question, I can't immediately think of any project
where Basic would be the right language. :-)

--
Mike Barnes
Cheshire, England