Posted to uk.d-i-y

Default OT - Programming Languages

On Wed, 28 Jan 2015 21:48:49 +0000, Ferretygubbins wrote:

I know this is OT but I rather suspect that some of you will be able to
help.

Boy1 (13) is interested in learning how to write code and so I would
like to set him up with a toolkit for his PC (Windows) unfortunately my
programming days are somewhat in the past and restricted to MUMPS which
was archaic even back then. Has anyone any suggestions for a suitable
platform? As ever the cheaper the better.

For an easy start, aimed at people of his age, try Greenfoot:

http://www.greenfoot.org

Simple games in Java (not a lot of experience needed).

Then move on to BlueJ:

http://www.bluej.org

(the developers are on my corridor at work). Used for teaching all over
the world.

wish to copy them they can pay me £30a message.