Posted to uk.d-i-y
Mike Barnes[_2_] Mike Barnes[_2_] is offline

Default [OT] Cool tiny tiny PC

Martin Brown wrote:
Save As - Keeping previous revisions of documents is good practice.

Yes it's good practice but unfortunately when you come down to it Save
As doesn't suit that purpose very well. For most of us I guess what we
really need is something that will make a copy of the original file as
it was before we started editing it, and allow us to continue editing
it. I could do that with a Word document for instance, as long as I
hadn't saved any changes, using Windows Explorer. But not AFAICS from
within Word itself.

However any manual revision control is rubbish when you're used to an
automatic system that can take you back to any recent version whether
you thought to save it or not. Coupled with a proper backup system for
older versions, of course.

--
Mike Barnes
Cheshire, England