Laurence Payne

Default Totally Puzzled By Connection

On Wed, 22 Oct 2003 22:47:50 -0400 (EDT), (T.
G.) wrote:

A short while ago, my WebTV browser became unresponsive and the tv
screen suddenly "froze" at the website I was at. So, I ended up
unplugging my phone line from the wall -- and the "frozen" website
remained as if I was still connected. So I called my wife in the room to
see it for herself. She suggested that maybe the connection was somehow
possible due to our having an extension in the other room. So I
unplugged that line from the wall, too. I swear to God that nothing
changed! I couldn't believe it! Is there any valid technical explanation
for this?

That's what happens when a computer freezes. It goes on showing
whatever was on the screen when it froze. It's not like a tv picture
where if you unplug the aerial the picture goes away.