Electronics (alt.electronics)

T. G.

Default Totally Puzzled By Connection

To the Group:

A short while ago, my WebTV browser became unresponsive and the tv
screen suddenly "froze" at the website I was at. So, I ended up
unplugging my phone line from the wall -- and the "frozen" website
remained as if I was still connected. So I called my wife in the room to
see it for herself. She suggested that maybe the connection was somehow
possible due to our having an extension in the other room. So I
unplugged that line from the wall, too. I swear to God that nothing
changed! I couldn't believe it! Is there any valid technical explanation
for this?

T.G.

Lenroc

On Wed, 22 Oct 2003 22:47:50 -0400, T. G. wrote:

and the "frozen" website remained as if I was still connected.

I don't think you'd see anything change unless you tried to visit a link.

Web browsers download the page once, then display it until you do
something else...

They don't constantly redownload the same thing over and over again...

--
Lenroc