Posted to uk.d-i-y

Default Neff oven temperature is not accurate

On Tuesday, January 20, 2015 at 11:27:41 AM UTC, wrote:
On 20/01/2015 10:56, michael adams wrote:
wrote in message ...

I've been suspicious that both ovens in my Neff U1661 are no longer getting to the set
temperature so have just checked with an oven thermometer - it shows 20-30 degrees
colder than the setting in each oven. I'm going to try the thermometer in another oven
ASAP but I suspect it's telling the truth because we've had some under-cooked things
recently.
Are there any calibration adjustments on the temperature controls?
Any suggestions on what to check?

(I've asked this on UKwhitegoods too)

:-) I could probably devise a few things that melted or boiled at
different test points, but it might be easier to get a decent
thermometer. I'll start a thread on IR thermometers to see whether
people have found them to be accurate

Chill out, turn the knob up a bit, no problem. Its not as if cooking temp/times are in any way accurate.

NT