Posted to uk.d-i-y

Default Thinner for Evo-stik

On Tuesday, 20 January 2015 20:59:50 UTC, ss wrote:
On 20/01/2015 13:07, Martin Brown wrote:
On 20/01/2015 12:30, ss wrote:

I have a tin ov evo-stick, its gone a bit thick and would like to thin
is slightly.I am not sure if it is the old or new version. It contains
Heptane and isomers,solvent Naptha.

I have stuff like acetone and paint thinner kicking around, would they
be any good?

Unleaded petrol is closer to matching heptane and solvent naphtha.
Or the old Hammerite thinner which ISTR was almost pure xylene.

Be careful with highly flammable solvent thinners and be aware that a
really stiff gel will be thin and watery if you add slightly too much.

Add solvent a few drops at a time to a small test amount then scale up.

I`ll try some unleaded and see how it goes. Thanks

do appreciate doing that is dangerous, just in case you dont

NT