Posted to uk.d-i-y
bert[_3_] bert[_3_] is offline

Default Just purchases property, Neighbours Extracsion forbidding to add extention to my property.

In message , Fredxxx
writes
On 20/01/2015 18:07, charles wrote:
In article

-septem
ber.org,
Tim+ wrote:
Fredxxx wrote:
On 20/01/2015 16:39, Tim+ wrote:
JimK wrote:
/would/q ? Or wouldn't??

Jim K

Indeed, should have been wouldn't.

Tim

Why? In order to mitigate costs you could pay under protest with the
right to request a refund if the neighbour had no right to net over
your property?

At least you can then get on with things, and if he doesn't agree, just
say he'll be saddled with the daily rate of the builder and labourers
at £x00 per day?

Why do all that before picking up the phone to the council and asking
building control as to legality of it? Shouldn't take long.

If it's illegal advise the neighbour and give him a reasonable time to
sort it out. It it is legal, then negotiate with the neighbour to
re-site the extractor outlet.

You might even find that the neighbour's extension was built without
Building Control's knowledge.

I would be surprised if it was done without BC.

I wouldn't. Happens all the time. Comes to light when people try to sell
the property.
If it was, it would be useful to look at the plans either way.

--
bert