Posted to uk.d-i-y
No Name

Default Neff oven temperature is not accurate

On 20/01/2015 08:40, harryagain wrote:
wrote in message
I've been suspicious that both ovens in my Neff U1661 are no longer
getting to the set temperature so have just checked with an oven
thermometer - it shows 20-30 degrees colder than the setting in each oven.
I'm going to try the thermometer in another oven ASAP but I suspect it's
telling the truth because we've had some under-cooked things recently.
Are there any calibration adjustments on the temperature controls?
Any suggestions on what to check?

(I've asked this on UKwhitegoods too)

Some oven thermostats can be adjusted but a lot can't. (Screw on the back of
the control knob "box")
Adjustment was a large part of manufacutring costs, a lot made now "self
adjust" during manufacture.
A lot of research was done into this aspect.

You might still be able to buy general purpose oven thermostats as a
replacement which are adjustable.
Or
http://www.ransomspares.co.uk/parts/...ic%20-%20Ovens

Neff is a crap make BTW.

I'm fairly sure these use PTC thermistors. I thought that thermistor
characteristics were not very repeatable (so I'd expected a calibration
adjustment somewhere) but having just looked at a few data sheets it
seems they're available with a +/-1% tolerance, so my memory has failed
me. More investigation needed.

What's wrong with Neff? I know it's not at the top of the quality (or
price) range but I don't hear people moaning about their appliances all
the time and my oven has worked fine for 10+ years.