Posted to uk.d-i-y
Harold Davis Harold Davis is offline

Default adhesive for stickin metal fire trim to render

Hello,

Can someone advise on what adhesive I need for sticking a steel fire trim
to fireproof render? This will be the only means of securing the trim in
place; I'm not looking for something that's only a sealant.

Someone recommended Everflex Heat Mate sealant, but I don't think this is
the right thing, given that it's marketed as a sealant and more importantly
the manufacturer says it's not recommended for stone.
(http://www.everbuild.co.uk/heat-mate).

I'd like something I can put a couple of beads of onto the three sides of
the fire trim before fitting; hold the trim in place with some wood or
whatever; and then remove the wood and the trim stays where it is! I know
of several products I could then use for sealing, but it's the sticking I
haven't worked out yet!

Many thanks in advance.

Harry