Posted to uk.d-i-y
Martin Bonner Martin Bonner is offline

Default Just purchases property, Neighbours Extracsion forbidding to addextention to my property.

On Monday, 19 January 2015 16:25:16 UTC, AD wrote:
Hi All,

Hope you can help me with my issue. Please read below:

My query and a request for advice relates to my neighbours extension where
it is concerning me that the ventilation extraction is coming out on my side
of the property forbidding us to carry out any work to our property.

I think you mean "preventing"

At the moment I am in the process of building a small 2 meter extension to my
kitchen (wall to wall as this property is a terraced house) which will be a
little less than the length of my neighbours extension of 3.9 metres and our
only being 2 metres, but the main issue is the chimney hood extraction has be
placed on the wall joining our properties, therefore preventing us from
carrying out any work at this stage.

My neighbours mentioned it would be our responsibility to finance the move of
the vent proceeding into our joint wall. I've had to stop the work currently
being done at my property and costing me money with my builders.

I tryed to call my council (Hillingdon) but they didn't really provide any
useful information.

Can I suggest posting this to uk.legal.moderated for an opinion on whether your
neighbour is entitled to extract his kitchen into your garden?