Posted to uk.d-i-y
Tim+[_2_] Tim+[_2_] is offline

Default Carbon Monoxide

Weatherlawyer wrote:
I was working at the UK's celebrated Stafforshire Hospital complex
recently when I realised that one of the overseers at the MTX plant was
suffering from Carbon Monoxide Poisoning.

How do you know? Did you measure his carboxyhemoglobin levels?

The office he uses is immediately above the diesel powered generator and
when you enter the office to sign in or out etc., you are immediately
aware that the fuel isn't burning correctly.

Diesel exhaust smell doesn't necessarily correspond with significant CO
levels. Because diesels are un-throttled, they inherently produce much
less CO than petrol engines.

That doesn't make the fumes harmless of course but you're jumping the gun
presupposing that anyone is suffering from CO poisoning.

Tim