Lee Blaver

Default Panasonic NN-811A Combo Microwave Door Mist

Andrew Gabriel wrote:

In article ,
David Longley writes:

I've just cleaned our Panasonic NN-811A Combo Microwave and noted that
the door glass/cover has become misty and on the interior surface by the
looks of it. I can see no way of getting at this, removing the two door
screws on the latch side doesn't allow one to get access as far as I can
see.

Two questions: 1) isn't it a bit odd that this should happen? 2) any
suggestions?

Some microwaves seem to force air through the door cavity,
and I saw one where it had sooted up after some food in the
microwave had presumably caught fire or smoked. Microwave
was still working fine, but the door was uncleanable.

snip

Since I have a leak detector that actually appears to work, I dismantled
the vented door of our combi microwave to clean the inside glass.
No leaks on reassembly, but certainly not something I suggest trying
Although interestingly it was very simple to take apart, just 4 screws
no sealants,clips or anything. Just the glass, choke plate and outer
door with the plastic window.

Lee

--
To reply use lee.blaver and ntlworld.com