Posted to uk.d-i-y
john james[_2_] john james[_2_] is offline

Default Sound advice to Muslims

On 2015-01-15, GB wrote:

Quite. Not sure who is the better comedian.

I find Al Murray excruciating. I saw his show, and I simply left.
Everybody else was loving it.

Humour is very personal. I have a long list of so-called "comedians"
who
I find utterly unfunny; Reeves & Mortimer, Ben Elton and Ricky Gervais
for starters.

My list is not very long, but Al Murray and your three are high on the
list, along with Noel Fielding.

I've lost interest in comedy altogether. Always seems to me to be a veiled
attack on someone else, invariably by a thoroughly nasty piece of work
with close set eyes.

Hard to claim that about Billy Connelly or John Cleese.

Gags are dull and they've all been done before.

You can say that about any fiction.

Laughter may be just some kind of nervous kneejerk reaction to stress. I
prefer smiling.

The moral maze is tricky one, but we went over to their place first and we
sure as hell weren't bothered about their customs. What we're suffering
could be seen as the last straw. I've never had a child killed by a drone,

Plenty did in WW2.

so I hesitate to say how I might feel, or which god I might pray to.

I know I wouldn’t be grovelling to any god.