Posted to uk.d-i-y
DerbyBorn[_5_] DerbyBorn[_5_] is offline

Default Sound advice to Muslims

Bob Henson wrote in
:

On 15/01/2015 1:57 pm, Tim Watts wrote:
On 15/01/15 13:49, stuart noble wrote:

I've lost interest in comedy altogether. Always seems to me to be a
veiled attack on someone else, invariably by a thoroughly nasty
piece of work with close set eyes. Gags are dull and they've all
been done before. Laughter may be just some kind of nervous kneejerk
reaction to stress. I prefer smiling.
The moral maze is tricky one, but we went over to their place first
and we sure as hell weren't bothered about their customs. What we're
suffering could be seen as the last straw. I've never had a child
killed by a drone, so I hesitate to say how I might feel, or which
god I might pray to.

You can't win.

There are some comedians or comedies who/which are true genius -
Blackadder, although that did have a serious dig at a) peasants; b)
the Church; c) the Turks/French/Spanish

My favourites of all time:

Blackadder;

Monty Python;

Benny Hill (usually pilloried for being sexist, but I don't care)

Paul Hogan (see Benny Hill)

Ben Elton doing stand up;

Michael Mcintyre;

I'm hard pressed to pick a "top ten" list of funny men/women, but I'll
have a stab at it.

Victor Borge (Easy - top by a mile)
Bill Bailey * (Also an easy decision)
Bob Newhart
Milton Jones *
Omid Djalili *
Micky Flanagan
Adam Hills *
Les Dawson
Blaster Bates
Tim Vine

Now I've typed those I'm still not sure which are my favourites, other
than the top three. There are no women in the list, but that doesn't
mean I don't enjoy women comics, they just don't make my top ten. The
ladies list starts:-

Victoria Wood
Joan Rivers
Shappi Khorsandi *

All the ones, male or female, with * asterisks, I've seen recently on
stage - along with quite a few others.

I suspect there are as many lists of favourite comics as there are
people.

Blaster Bates. Crikey you are showing your age. Have you got his LPs?