Posted to uk.d-i-y
Rod Speed Rod Speed is offline

Default Pilot light off in summer?

"Unbeliever" wrote in message
Rod Speed wrote:
"Unbeliever" wrote in message
Uncle Peter wrote:
On Sun, 11 Jan 2015 17:35:47 -0000, Bob Eager
wrote:
On Sun, 11 Jan 2015 17:29:09 +0000, Mick wrote:

"Uncle Peter" wrote in message
news Anyone turn the pilot light of their boiler or gas fire off in
summer?

Never had a pilot light!

I'd be interested to know what proportion of new boilers have
them...

I've never had a new boiler. I take it they start with an electric
spark like modern cookers? I've never known a cooker sparker to
wear out, so I guess the boilers don't either?

Well you are not that knowledgeable are you really?

We'll see...

Petrol cars have "sparkers" AKA spark plugs,

Yes.

and if you drive, then you know that they wear out quite regularly -
so why wouldn't those used on boilers and cookers be any different?

Because they don't spark anything like as much, stupid.

But do they or *DON'T* they wear out then

Normally the device they are part of is replaced first with cookers.

reams of your puerile **** any 2 year old could leave for dead flushed
where it belongs