Posted to uk.d-i-y

Default Micro switch question

On Fri, 9 Jan 2015 09:34:28 -0800 (PST), wrote:

I dont believe that's the problem at all. Doors are prone to move in
alignment over time, and gusts of wind can bend them. Both resulted in
false alarms.

Must have crappy doors. our worst (a cheap "hard wood" thing) that
was fitted as part of a proch by previous owners only moves 1/4" on
it's width between summer and winter. As for gusts none of our doors
move more than a mm or two even on the exposed side with an F9
gusting 60 mph hitting 'em.

Never had a problem with the concealled magnets/reed switches on
them. Horrible exposed surace ones are more fussy about position of
magnet/reed.

--
Cheers
Dave.