Posted to uk.d-i-y
Nemo Nemo is offline

Default Micro switch question

On 08/01/2015 20:37, Graham. wrote:
On Thu, 08 Jan 2015 19:23:05 +0000, ss wrote:

Rating: 15A AC250V
Withstand Voltage: AC1,0000V 1 Minute
Insulation Resistance: 100M O DC500V
Contact Resistance: 100mO
Soldering Temperatu 250°C Max 3 sec.

I want a micro switch that I will connect to a battery operated buzzer
that will sound when a door is opened. I dont understand the technical
aspects of electrics but would something like the above work ok off say
a couple of AA batteries.

Maybe.
Incidentally this is a reed switch, a microswitch is something
different.
The problem with using this in the application you describe is that
the switch is normally closed when the magnet is near,

There are reed door switches available with changeover contacts that
would do the job directly e.g.:
http://tinyurl.com/mnepofb