Posted to alt.home.repair
philo philo is offline

Default What is wrong with Store Clerks?

On 04/07/2015 06:47 AM, dadiOH wrote:

I agree.

There is no way I'd have motor oil in the same bag with food, etc

Why? It's in a can and the food items were either in cans or packaged.

During the manufacturing process a small amount of oil is usually left
on the can. True, the amount of oil that would get on the already
wrapped food is probably zero but...?

As mentioned, I'm sure the clerk was simply following regulations.

The cost of the bags is close to zero and they can be recycled at many
grocery stores.

I bring my own bags most of the time
and when they get dirty just use them as garbage bags, so the waste from
my house is extremely small...less than half what most of my neighbors
throw out.