Posted to alt.home.repair
[email protected] Jerry.Tan@spamblocked.com is offline

Default What is wrong with Store Clerks?

I went to a Dollar Store and bought the following:

1 box of crackers
2 candy bars
1 quart of motor oil
1 pack of 4 AA batteries
1 one liter bottle of soda
1 pack of cold cuts
2 average cans of canned soup
1 package of beef jerky
1 small plastic jar of peanut butter
1 small glass jar of pickles
1 four pack of toilet paper

I easily walked up to the counter with all of this in my hands, except
the soda which was under my arm.

I checked out, paid under $20 for this stuff.
I ended up with SEVEN of those crappy plastic store bags.

It was packed this way.

1 bag just for the motor oil
2 bags (doubled) for the bottle of soda
1 bag for the toilet paper
1 bag just for the cold cuts
1 bag for only the pickles
1 bag for everything else

I asked the clerk why she could not put it all in one bag.
She said oil cant be put with food, soda needs a double bag because of
it's weight, glass jars cant be put with other stuff, anything from the
cooler (cold cuts) must be bagged separately, and the toilet paper was
too big to put in the same bag as other stuff.

I could see the clerk was ****ed, as I emptied all the bags on the
counter. I put everything in one bag, except the toilet paper and the
soda. I told her that the soda is easier to carry without a bag, and the
toilet paper already HAS a bag since it's sealed in plastic.

I left the store ONE bag, plus the toilet paper and soda un-bagged.
Before leaving, I handed her the unneeded six bags and told her to reuse
them. Instead, she tossed them in the garbage.

Then we wonder why we create so much garbage..... and why we're told we
must recycle.

I was really ****ed that she tossed those extra bags in the garbage, so
when I got home, I phoned the company and complained about their clerk
being wasteful. They said they require all the things she said, such as
the oil not being placed in a bag of food and cold cuts separated, etc.
I told them I DO NOT appreciate having to make 3 or more trips from my
car to my house, when I get home, particularly when it's winter (which
it was)......