Posted to alt.home.repair
Tekkie® Tekkie® is offline

Default Fire Extinguishers - when need to replace? Ratings

Oren posted for all of us...

On Sat, 04 Apr 2015 21:03:48 -0500, philo wrote:

I have one on each floor of the house.

I have split garages, one each FE sits just inside the garage side
doors (hall & kitchen). Also one under the kitchen sink.

Also: I'm on the same block as the fire department.

Those two things give me a discount on my home insurance.

My agent gave a discount on premiums because a fire hydrant was X
number of feet from a home (north and south corners)

Worth checking into.

The ISO (Insurance Standards Organization) does the ratings for this using
manpower, hydrants, equipment, etc. The municipality can request a re-rating
(IIRC) every 6 years. It should be shown on your policy. A paid dept may get
the the lowest -1- while a volunteer may get a 6 (at best).

--
Tekkie *Please post a follow-up*