Posted to alt.home.repair
Gil Gil is offline

Default Fire Extinguishers - when need to replace?

On 4/6/2015 4:25 AM, Senator Pocketstuffer wrote:
On 04/05/2015 08:49 PM, Stormin Mormon wrote:

A couple years ago, I took a couple very old Fyr Fyter
units out of a couple trailers. No pressure gage, just
a push button on one, not sure about the other. I
figured they were useless. Tried them out later (outdoors
on a fire in a burn barrel). Both were about 20 years old,
and both functioned as designed. I was astounded. I'm
also pleased that the trailers havd new Kidde units.

And someday maybe we'll make buildings out of materials that don't burn.

They already do in many cases. The problem is the contents that burn.

Gil