Posted to alt.home.repair
Art Todesco Art Todesco is offline

Default Patching holes in a steel entry door

On 3/30/2015 10:25 PM, sid wrote:
The previous owner of my home mounted curtains on the front entry door. I took them down because they looked so bad, but now I have empty screw holes where the screws were for the brackets.

What would be the best product to use to patch those holes ? and that won't crack and fall out 2 years from now ?

It's a heavy steal entry door.

Any help is appreciated
Thanks

I had a 1970s steel door with decorative plastic do-dads on it. They
were mounted via plastic barb-like extrusions and merely pushed into
holes in the steel. I removed the do-dads and used Bondo to fill and
slightly over fill the holes and then sand it smooth. Worked great.