Posted to alt.home.repair
[email protected] Jerry.Tan@spamblocked.com is offline

Default Buying a new (well water bladder) pressure tank

On Thu, 26 Mar 2015 07:43:25 -0700 (PDT),
wrote:

P.S. thanks for all the great replies to my previous post to
investigate my tank/pump problem!

Geezz,I'd like to know how to get the water out to change the tank. I
see all manner of plugs but no drain,duh. WTF was the plumber thinking?
There is a pin hole leak on the side of my big blue tank, another duh?

If it was installed properly, there would be valve in the pipes, near
where it enters the bottom of the tank. There should also be a union in
the pipes. I have installed many of these tanks. I always have a union
to make it easy to install, and disconnect, and I always have a tee, on
the bottom of the pipes, where one side goes to the bottom of the tank,
and the other side of the tee is a valve (faucet spigot). That spigot
not only allows for draining the tank, but comes in handy for connecting
a garden hose, for example, if you want to wash the basement floor. And
in a place where the plumbing might freeze, that valve allows an easy
way to drain the plumbing system.