Posted to alt.home.repair
Mayayana Mayayana is offline

Default Beneful dog food.........

I got curious and did a search. It seems there was a
recall in 2007 for aflatoxin, which comes from mold on
peanuts and grains, and is said to be one of the most
powerful carcinogens ever discovered. But despite lots
of complaints, I didn't find anything about any actual
evidence currently.

Why not change to a better product? Whatever is in
Beneful, it's clearly on the level of junk food. Personally
I wouldn't eat anything from Purina or Nestle. That's
industrial food product. There's no reason to expect that
it's made with fresh, healthy ingredients. Industrial food
products are sold by advertising, not by quality. Beneful
seems to be made mainly of corn meal filler (for fiber)
and chicken "by-product meal". Presumably that's the
feathers, droppings, guts, organs, and whatever else
is left over after chicken processing, sterilizied, dried
and ground into powder. Yum. At *best* it might include
the chicken mush used to make "fake" chicken
pieces in cheap restaurants, obtained by pressure-spraying
the chicken bones to get off any leftover residue. (I say
fake because the mush is glued together and apparently
bleached to look like a piece of white chicken meat.)

Are you really going to miss Nestle chocolate? If so then
here's your chance to taste chocolate that actually tastes
like chocolate. A quick search shows Nestle chocolate chips
contain "artificial flavoring". How bad can chocolate be to
need artificial flavoring?!

Any decent chocolate bar should have *at least* 50%
cocoa solids. If the percentage isn't even listed that's
clear evidence that it's junk candy.