Posted to alt.home.repair
trader_4 trader_4 is offline

Default Beneful dog food.........

On Saturday, March 14, 2015 at 8:04:50 PM UTC-4, bob haller wrote:
I have fed my dogs beneful forever, perhaps 20 years.

anyhow my dogs were acting wierd, throwng up a lot and lethargic.

saw on the network news that beneful is killing dogs. So I changed food, we had a bunch of sample packages.

within 2 days dogs were back to normal.

called my vet and they said they are getting bscattered reports of these same symptoms, that clear up when beneful is discontinued....

I have 3 30 pound sacks, one just opened.

So I called beneful they were very nice. I asked them if they want a sample, sure they said.

but they only do a visual inspection no tests for chemical containments.

this makes no sense at all.....

To not test it seems odd. Since this has been going on, reported
in the media for a while now, maybe they've gotten and tested hundreds
of samples from situations where the dogs had even worse symptoms
and didn't find anything. I guess the questions is who's doing the
testing and what are they looking for? Could be something is there
that doesn't show up as a typical poison.

Did they offer a refund for the product?

Some idiot in the distribution system could use a needle to inject rat poision into dog food. and beneful says we test each batch at the time of production.

My guess would be that it's something more unusual than one of
the obvious poisons or they would have found it by now. There are
dogs that are dead, rat poision should show up easily at autopsy.
I'd think it's a lot more likely that it's something that's made
it's way into the normal component stream than a deliberate nut job.