Posted to alt.home.repair
Norminn Norminn is offline

Default Beneful dog food.........Lawsuit

On 3/14/2015 8:04 PM, bob haller wrote:
I have fed my dogs beneful forever, perhaps 20 years.

anyhow my dogs were acting wierd, throwng up a lot and lethargic.

saw on the network news that beneful is killing dogs. So I changed food, we had a bunch of sample packages.

within 2 days dogs were back to normal.

called my vet and they said they are getting bscattered reports of these same symptoms, that clear up when beneful is discontinued....

I have 3 30 pound sacks, one just opened.

So I called beneful they were very nice. I asked them if they want a sample, sure they said.

but they only do a visual inspection no tests for chemical containments.

this makes no sense at all.....

Some idiot in the distribution system could use a needle to inject rat poision into dog food. and beneful says we test each batch at the time of production.

purina beneful and nestle are all the same company. apparently they never heard of tylenol contamination...

in any case i will see what it will cost to get the opened bag tested, join the class action suit, not for money but to get them to address the issue.

I will miss nestle candy, since i will quit buying any roducts from their organization.

they claim its not a problem its all social media driven hype

I've never used Beneful for our little pooch; only grain-free and not
made in China. There was an article in the Indianapolis Star about
three or four months ago about a dog food made by Eli Lilly that a
lot of owners were feeling caused seizures. No problems found by
analysis, IIRC.

I did a google search after I started typing this and WOW! Trifexis was
the name of the Eli Lilly food, but I got hits for Purina Beneful...and
a lawsuit claiming that THOUSANDS of dogs became ill from Beneful dry
kibble food (nausea, vomiting, etc).

FWIW, the FDA has a website to list recalls of pet foods, he
http://www.fda.gov/AnimalVeterinary/.../ucm393160.htm