View Single Post
  #3   Report Post  
Posted to alt.home.repair
external usenet poster

Default Beneful dog food.........

On Saturday, March 14, 2015 at 8:09:11 PM UTC-4, Tony Hwang wrote:
bob haller wrote:
I have fed my dogs beneful forever, perhaps 20 years.

anyhow my dogs were acting wierd, throwng up a lot and lethargic.

saw on the network news that beneful is killing dogs. So I changed food, we had a bunch of sample packages.

within 2 days dogs were back to normal.

called my vet and they said they are getting bscattered reports of these same symptoms, that clear up when beneful is discontinued....

I have 3 30 pound sacks, one just opened.

So I called beneful they were very nice. I asked them if they want a sample, sure they said.

but they only do a visual inspection no tests for chemical containments.

this makes no sense at all.....

Some idiot in the distribution system could use a needle to inject rat poision into dog food. and beneful says we test each batch at the time of production.

purina beneful and nestle are all the same company. apparently they never heard of tylenol contamination...

in any case i will see what it will cost to get the opened bag tested, join the class action suit, not for money but to get them to address the issue.

I will miss nestle candy, since i will quit buying any roducts from their organization.

they claim its not a problem its all social media driven hype

Hi,
Wonder if it is made in China now? Our dog is always on "Blue" dog food.
So far sso good.

maybe its made by the same chinese company that makes flooring for lumber liquidators.

benefuls lack of concern bugs me a lot. theres far too many defective products being sold where the manufacturer either ignores the issue or worse actively covers it up.

like Chevy cobalt ignition switches. we had one of those that fit the profile exactlly. short overweight driver with heavy key ring. wifes car quit often for no apparent reason.

now take takata air bags, toyota run away cars, going back awhile bad firestone tires...

feds need a law, forward all safety defects on to consumer product safety agency, who would track troubles, manufactures would be required to self report problems.

attempted cover up? CEOs go off to prison, companies fined 5 years worth of profits.

make cover ups or ignorance so expensive its not worth it.....

after 1 or 2 ceos are lead off in shackles to prison all products would be safer for consumers