Bob Smith

Default bathroom sealant

The unibond one I used says it is water based acrylic kitchen/bathroom
sealant. Says it is waterproof when dry. And shows a picture of someone
applying it around a bath on the tube.....

I used an acrylic one about 3 months ago, said it was for bathrooms. It is
still soft, and you can put permanent dents in it with your fingernail.
Part of it is coming away with mould growing behind it. That is in the
shower end of the bath, the sink I did at the same time is OK (less water
around).

At least it will be easy to scrape off so I can put silicone on, it seems to
have the consistency of putty. Is cheap silicone any good, or is £6-7 the
minimum you should pay?

Bob