Posted to alt.home.repair
Oren[_2_] Oren[_2_] is offline

Default Window Blinds - Levelor vs Bali

On Sat, 07 Mar 2015 07:30:31 -0500, Norminn
wrote:

On 3/6/2015 8:22 PM, Oren wrote:
On Fri, 06 Mar 2015 18:44:48 -0500, Norminn
wrote:

I am sure there are no wires above LR windows. What are nail plates?

Nail plate:

http://www.icreatables.com/images/electricalimgs/wiring/wire-pull-corner-nail-plates.jpg

Behind the finished wall.

Thanks! I had never heard of nail plates. Are they there just to
protect wiring/plumbing? Standard?

Yes it protects pipes and wiring from nails and screws. They have
been around for decades. I presume they are in building code?

I once saw a drywall screw that went into a copper pipe behind a
toilet. It took a long time and the screw rusted so water leak was
very slow over that time.

We have outdoor lights under the eaves, but I would expect wiring for
those to be in the attic, not the ext. wall.

Likely so... never know