Posted to alt.home.repair
rbowman rbowman is offline

Default Can Coleman Stoves use regular gasoline?

wrote:

That was late '50s, early '60s. Down to 20-25:1 in the seventies, when
dedicated 2 stroke oil was developed and specified. Now 50 and even
100:1 are not terribly uncommon., with ashless smokeless synthetics.

We had a 12' aluminum boat with a well worn 7 1/2 hp Evinrude when I was a
kid. Trolling with it on a still night generated enough smoke to keep the
mosquitoes at bay and there was the pretty rainbow slick floowing you.

Today the EPA would skip the shot across the bow and just fire for effect if
they saw a rig like that. I imagine ****ing off the side is frowned upon
too. I don't know hwat kids do for fun anymore except diddling with XBoxes.