Posted to alt.home.repair
Meanie[_4_] Meanie[_4_] is offline

Default Bosch Daredevil Spade Bits

On 2/16/2015 9:15 AM, Pavel314 wrote:
I bought a set of Bosch Daredevil spade bits. Unlike the spade bits I've been using for many years, they have a threaded starter point in the middle instead of just a flat triangular piece.

http://www.bobvila.com/articles/1829.../#.VOH7TWso75o

I've tried using them a few times on 2X4's and other soft wood but the threaded center point goes into the wood faster than the spade bit edge can cut the hole and it binds up.

Does anyone know the trick to use these successfully?

Paul

I use those bits with my 18v Dewalt cordless hammer drill and never have
a problem. I do notice the threaded tip "pulling" the bit into the word
but I don't have a problem controlling the plunge.