Posted to alt.home.repair
Shadow Shadow is offline

Default Stick a fork in Monsanto...

On Mon, 16 Feb 2015 14:05:12 -0800, T wrote:

On 02/16/2015 01:33 PM, Shadow wrote:
On Mon, 16 Feb 2015 13:03:06 -0800, T wrote:

This is why I don't buy the flu shot argument that a
shot that doesn't work on the flu in the wild will
help you with a virus it does not match up to. Lock
and key means it has to be specific.

No. A virus has hundreds of antigens on it's surface. You have
to produce antibodies to a number of them, not all of them (which
would be impossible, as they are constantly shifting).
I think you got the scale of things mixed up.... think of a
virus as a building, hundreds of locks, some of which lead to the
places you can place explosives to implode it. Like 9/11.
The more keys, the greater your chances of getting in.
Vaccines generate new keys, most useless, but some work. The more keys
the better.
[]'s

Hi Shadow,

Great analogy. Thank you.

At least one key has to match, on you die. By the time
you prevail on a virus, the little buggers are probably
coated with keys getting their asses kicked throughly
by the human immune system.

My understanding of the flue shot is that none of the
keys match up to the flu in the wild. If some did, you
supposition would be correct.

Weird, my BP hit 99 mg/dL this morning. Usually
I am between 110 and 120.

BP being ?

In your medical education, did you not have a course in
statistics? I do think it is a mistake to try to put
numbers for the general population on the individual.
And, that is were the "art" part of your profession
comes in -- understanding what is correct for the
individual.

Just a T2 aside, the A1c test is really flaky. Plus and
minus 25%. But no one tells you that:

Never treat the exam results, treat the patient. Basic ...
But I still think you worry too much.
[]'s

Relationship Between GHb Concentration and Erythrocyte
Survival Determined From Breath Carbon Monoxide
Concentration:

http://care.diabetesjournals.org/content/27/4/931.full

And from the scoundrels at the ADA too!

-T