Posted to alt.home.repair
Shadow Shadow is offline

Default Stick a fork in Monsanto...

On Mon, 16 Feb 2015 13:03:06 -0800, T wrote:

This is why I don't buy the flu shot argument that a
shot that doesn't work on the flu in the wild will
help you with a virus it does not match up to. Lock
and key means it has to be specific.

No. A virus has hundreds of antigens on it's surface. You have
to produce antibodies to a number of them, not all of them (which
would be impossible, as they are constantly shifting).
I think you got the scale of things mixed up.... think of a
virus as a building, hundreds of locks, some of which lead to the
places you can place explosives to implode it. Like 9/11.
The more keys, the greater your chances of getting in.
Vaccines generate new keys, most useless, but some work. The more keys
the better.
[]'s
--
Don't be evil - Google 2004