Posted to alt.home.repair
Roy Roy is offline

Default Update on the treehouse bridge in the redwoods of the Santa Cruz mountains

On Sunday, February 15, 2015 at 11:26:33 PM UTC-7, Danny D. wrote:
We reached a milestone this lovely sunny VD weekend in the mountains:
https://c4.staticflickr.com/8/7370/1...48c61f1f_c.jpg

After four 16-foot sections, we're only about 4 or 5 feet from the tree:
https://c1.staticflickr.com/9/8637/1...cbb11e00_c.jpg

I can't get the whole bridge in the picture, but here's a side view:
https://c4.staticflickr.com/8/7284/1...14ed76cd_b.jpg

Here's an angled view showing the 10-foot wide sections:
https://c4.staticflickr.com/8/7370/1...0511bfaf_b.jpg

And, here's a view showing the last set of 16-foot wide boards:
https://c4.staticflickr.com/8/7414/1...ca7a421f_c.jpg

We're not sure how we're going to attach the end to the tree though:
https://c4.staticflickr.com/8/7359/1...38b3ab6b_b.jpg

We wrestled two 16 foot beams to either side of the big tree for now:
https://c1.staticflickr.com/9/8566/1...37d554c5_c.jpg

We're not sure how we're going to attach to the big redwood yet
though, so, that is our next engineering task to figure out.

When the wind blows the cradle will rock and down will come baby...cradle and all.
=====