Posted to alt.home.repair,rec.woodworking,sci.electronics.design
Danny D.[_15_] Danny D.[_15_] is offline

Default Update on the treehouse bridge in the redwoods of the SantaCruz mountains

We reached a milestone this lovely sunny VD weekend in the mountains:
https://c4.staticflickr.com/8/7370/1...48c61f1f_c.jpg

After four 16-foot sections, we're only about 4 or 5 feet from the tree:
https://c1.staticflickr.com/9/8637/1...cbb11e00_c.jpg

I can't get the whole bridge in the picture, but here's a side view:
https://c4.staticflickr.com/8/7284/1...14ed76cd_b.jpg

Here's an angled view showing the 10-foot wide sections:
https://c4.staticflickr.com/8/7370/1...0511bfaf_b.jpg

And, here's a view showing the last set of 16-foot wide boards:
https://c4.staticflickr.com/8/7414/1...ca7a421f_c.jpg

We're not sure how we're going to attach the end to the tree though:
https://c4.staticflickr.com/8/7359/1...38b3ab6b_b.jpg

We wrestled two 16 foot beams to either side of the big tree for now:
https://c1.staticflickr.com/9/8566/1...37d554c5_c.jpg

We're not sure how we're going to attach to the big redwood yet
though, so, that is our next engineering task to figure out.