Posted to alt.home.repair
Shadow Shadow is offline

Default Stick a fork in Monsanto...

On Sun, 15 Feb 2015 11:47:04 -0800, T wrote:

On 02/15/2015 03:50 AM, Shadow wrote:
Cholesterol (high, with low HDL) IS a problem.

Hi Shadow,

That is absolute rubbish. Every cell in your body requires
Cholesterol and every hormone requires it as a precursor.

You didn't read what I wrote. Cholesterol is absolutely
essential.
As to the rest of the post, you read too much. Of the wrong
stuff. Sorry.
[]'s

And there is no evidence WHATSOEVER that serum cholesterol
and arteriosclerosis are related in autopsy studies.

On the statin front, statin-induced rhabdomyolysis:
http://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/16651050
is going around these parts. A friend of mine broke
his color bone from a statin related fall.

On the other hand, there is a lot of evidence that
inflammation has a lot to do with it. The doctor that
discovered homocystein's relationship to heart disease
was run out of town by greedy *******s in your profession.
He actually had to go to court to be allowed to be
employed as a coroner. Apparently a bottle of
folate and turmeric *doesn't make them enough money*.

By the way, I credit turmeric, which I take for hay
fever, in saving my heart all those years with
undiagnosed T2 and *Healthy Carbs*

Shades of the guy who discovered ulcers were caused
by a bacteria. Attacked him pretty good. Tried
to run him out of town too. And it is not as if your
profession didn't have to listen to the traditional
medical community screaming at you as how to cure
an ulcer for years before the bacteria discovery.
Follow the money: treat vs cure.

Cholesterol is one of those instances were politics dictates
an outcome in science, sort of like the Global Warming
nonsense. That and endless government funding to prove
a politically dictated outcome.

It all started with a militant vegetarian on Senator
McGovern's staff. You can listen to it yourself. I
will save you having to listen through the whole thing::

http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature...&v=xbFQc2kxm9c

"Many researchers were at the hearing, captured on TV by
CBS and on YouTube, and objected strongly to the lack of
research to back such a dietary philosophy. McGovern’s
response: 'we Senators don’t have the luxury that a research
scientist does of waiting until every last shred of evidence
is in.'”

-T

Here are you some links:

http://qjmed.oxfordjournals.org/content/95/6/397.full (autopsy)