Posted to alt.home.repair
Ed Pawlowski Ed Pawlowski is offline

Default WD-40 & Silicone Spray. When is one better over the other?

On 2/15/2015 5:01 AM, wrote:
On Wednesday, October 4, 2006 at 6:03:13 PM UTC-7, Holy Crikey wrote:
I have squeaking front and garage entrance door hinges in my house I
need to spray with lubrication during the winter because it gets so
loud. I used WD-40 a couple of times, but the irritating noise would
come back only after a few days.

You can use it, may have to spray it once or twice a year but Silicone Lubes will not attract dirt/dust(a problem when using grease/oil) and will keep things quiet(more than a few days). People are stating somethings that are all in the past when WD40 only had Penetrating Spray.

The original post is from 2006. We had an update last year. The hinges
wore out and the door fell and killed his dog. Next time, he will use oil.