Posted to alt.home.repair
Jeff Wisnia[_9_] Jeff Wisnia[_9_] is offline

Default Flattened Sofa Seat Cushions?

SWMBO and I often roost on our three cushion LR sofa reading or watching
TV. We sit on the end cushions because a small coffee table in front of
the sofa keeps us from being able to stretch our legs out if we sits
closer together.

As a result the two end cushions have flattened out noticeably compared
to the center cushion. We can't swap the center with one of the ends
because the end cushions are L shaped with small sideways projections at
their front edges.

The fabric on this sofa is in good shape, plus we have a matching love
seat in the room which only seats guests and is in great shape. So, it
seems a waste to get rid of both of them just because of those two
flattened cushions.

Are there still upholsterers who regularly unstitch cushions, replace
the padding and resew them, or is that a bygone art?

Thanks guys,

Jeff
--
Jeffry Wisnia