Posted to alt.home.repair
Oren[_2_] Oren[_2_] is offline

Default I have an Opossum in storage building (to get rid of)!

On Wed, 11 Feb 2015 15:50:38 -0500, wrote:

On Wed, 11 Feb 2015 09:22:57 -0800, Oren wrote:

On Tue, 10 Feb 2015 20:39:19 -0700, rbowman
wrote:

My neighbor had a problem with raccoons taking plums from his tree. He tried
the radio deal. The raccoons enjoyed the dinner music.

I used to buy fresh meat (pork) from a small farm in central PA. John
kept a radio playing and a bowling ball in the pig pen. Said the pigs
entertained themselves by rolling the ball around. Don't know much
behind it but it sure was some of the best pork I ever ate.

We used to hang tires in the pig-pen and they'd bat them around with
their snouts by the our - like playing tetherball. Hogs are VERY smart
animals (unlike cattlebeasts)

Hogs are very intelligent. Wild ones can get hostile. Short story. Mom
sent me to cut a rope, hog hind leg tied to a tree buy a rope.

That SOB nearly ripped my Levi jeans off. I wasn't hurt and I did get
him cut loose.

I didn't witnesses it, but a former co-worker said his pit bull dog
took a cow down - grabbing the snout, mistaken when sent to take down
a hog... (Florida)

In Nevada you can shoot a hog on site..., dogs, guns and at night with
head lamps - no law protecting them the last time I checked.